Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Before nap time Peyton had a little "jumping" on the bed fun, and I had some picture taking fun. Peyton tries really hard to jump, but she just stands on her tippy toes, and puts her hands straight up. It's so adorable. When do kids typically learn how to jump with both feet off the floor? I know it's something pediatricians ask if they know how to do at their 2 year check up. I'm not worried about it at all, just curious.


I love black and white pictures, but for some reason I usually leave Peyton's pictures in color. I guess because I think it will keep the memory more vivid. I have a hard covering up her  blue eyes with a gray color. It's so weird. I don't know why. My favorite pictures of other peoples' kids are usually the ones that are black and white. They seem to tell a deeper story, and allows you to connect more emotionally...maybe because the distractions from what the child is wearing, and what's in the background is taken away when you remove the color. So why can't I do that with Peyton's pictures? I'm pretty sure that I will remember the color of her green walls by the other hundred pictures I took, and I don't think her blue eyes are going anywhere either. Sorry that I'm just rambling, and probably not making any sense. SO ANYWAY, I converted two pictures I took of Peyton this afternoon, and I love them.



Look at that smile, and eye contact! The Veggie Tales song does wonders. :) I left out the last word of each line, so she would stop what she was doing and finish the song. :)





I don't know why, but I love the way her arms are crossed here, and her little self is leaning back a little bit.





I just wanted to show you her itty bitty ponytail she was rockin'.




SO, I just went to check on Peyton, and this is what I found...



As soon as she saw me she said, "get out a window", and climbed back on her bed. This is the second time she has done this, the first time was 2 weeks ago. I guess she remembered my reaction.


I love her "oh man, busted" face.


1 comment:

Steppy said...

I like the pictures in black and white but I still love the color ones too. Peyton is the cutest little kid on the planet. You know, besides my own.