Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Before nap time Peyton had a little "jumping" on the bed fun, and I had some picture taking fun. Peyton tries really hard to jump, but she just stands on her tippy toes, and puts her hands straight up. It's so adorable. When do kids typically learn how to jump with both feet off the floor? I know it's something pediatricians ask if they know how to do at their 2 year check up. I'm not worried about it at all, just curious.
I love black and white pictures, but for some reason I usually leave Peyton's pictures in color. I guess because I think it will keep the memory more vivid. I have a hard covering up her blue eyes with a gray color. It's so weird. I don't know why. My favorite pictures of other peoples' kids are usually the ones that are black and white. They seem to tell a deeper story, and allows you to connect more emotionally...maybe because the distractions from what the child is wearing, and what's in the background is taken away when you remove the color. So why can't I do that with Peyton's pictures? I'm pretty sure that I will remember the color of her green walls by the other hundred pictures I took, and I don't think her blue eyes are going anywhere either. Sorry that I'm just rambling, and probably not making any sense. SO ANYWAY, I converted two pictures I took of Peyton this afternoon, and I love them.
Look at that smile, and eye contact! The Veggie Tales song does wonders. :) I left out the last word of each line, so she would stop what she was doing and finish the song. :)
I don't know why, but I love the way her arms are crossed here, and her little self is leaning back a little bit.
I just wanted to show you her itty bitty ponytail she was rockin'.
SO, I just went to check on Peyton, and this is what I found...
As soon as she saw me she said, "get out a window", and climbed back on her bed. This is the second time she has done this, the first time was 2 weeks ago. I guess she remembered my reaction.
I love her "oh man, busted" face.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
1. "You have one", "what talking about", "sure. you can watch it", "daragan, you crazy". I love when Peyton says these sentences. She talks for me a lot, and uses phrases that I say to her. It makes me laugh. This morning I was eating frosted mini wheats and I gave her one, and she asked for more, but before I could answer she said, "you have one". She always asks for more of something she likes when her hands are already full, so I tell her she has one. Sometimes she'll go on and on talking about something, and I looked at her and she'll say, "what talking about" because I always ask her, "what are you talking about?". You get the idea.
2. The thrift store is fantastic. We bought this desk for 20 dollars, and the chair for 10. We spent like 15 dollars on white spray paint. Awesome, a brand new desk and chair for under 50 dollars!
My current desktop background is my friend's daughter. I took this picture Nov. 2008, it's always been a favorite, but every time I look at it the color never seems right. I was editing it last night, and put it as our background so I could see it big. Obviously it's completely blown because I was getting a picture of the desk not worrying about the monitor.
3. We had a piece of scrap wood in our shed, and I thought it would make a perfect shelf. We bought the brackets at Lowes for 9 dollars. So here is our 9 dollar shelf, and our 5 dollar bulletin board. Cory just put it up last night, and we just threw a few things on top. I got the old camera and lantern while I was in Masters Commission. Good ol' MC, and the meaningful gifts you get throughout the year... :) Our desk area isn't complete, but I love it! Not having our computer on our bar is nice.
4. I love Peyton's "Big Sis" pajamas. Last night she wore them for the first time. I can't wait to see her with Levi. She's not really into babies, so it will be interesting.
Her hair was in a ponytail yesterday, so she had a nice back fro this morning.
5. Peyton loves snow white, well she loves the "hi- ho's". I guess Grumpy has made an impression on her because she calls all the dwarfs grumpy. She has a Sleepy beanie baby, but she calls him Grumpy. We tried to tell her that his name is Sleepy, but now she says, "Grumpy is sleeping". ha.
6. Today has not been an accident free day. :(
7. Peyton is starting to memorize some of her books. We read every morning, every night, and through out the day. She loves it. I don't love it in the moment, but I know I'll miss these days.
8. Is it weird that I'm excited about seeing how much our electric bill is this month? I can't wait until May 1st, so I can see how much we've saved. I don't think we've used the heater or air conditioner at all this month.
9. Getting really excited about Cali! Hooray for possibly having a few photo shoots while I'm out there!
10. Please pray for Cory's uncle Steve. He is having brain surgery tomorrow to remove a mass.
Monday, April 26, 2010
We are on attempt number two for potty training, and it's going pretty well. So far this whole process has been the hardest part of parenting for me. I know Peyton is pretty young for potty training, but she is so smart that I forget that she's not even two. I try not to get frustrated when she has an accident, but geez kid, you were just on the potty two minutes ago. It's almost been a week since Peyton's been out of diapers with the exception of bedtime. Yesterday she stayed dry at church. I was so happy. I thought for sure she'd have an accident. I am happy to say that she hasn't had a single accident today! Woo hoo. She still doesn't tell me when she had to go, but that's ok. She's able to hold it until I ask her to sit on the potty... which varies depending on how much she's had to drink. She's taking nap right now, we'll see if she wakes up dry... I am so proud of her. She takes change so well, and isn't resistant to trying new things, well except for food. ha. I'm not going to be posting any pictures of her in her big girl underwear, but take my word for it, she looks adorable.
I know this is an old picture, but I still wanted to share it. She's got the joy, joy, joy, joy, joy, jooooyyyy...
Thursday, April 22, 2010
We've been doing a lot of painting outside. Peyton loves to paint! Yesterday she rubbed paint all over her hands and said, "good idea. good job, hands". :/ She has hardly touched a paint brush since.
Warm days make for easy clean up. :) It makes me sad when some parents won't let their kids get messy. They're missing out on so much. Peyton has a lot of fun exploring different textures. More clean up for me is nothing compared to the joy she is getting out of being a kid and not worrying about getting dirty.
She informed me, "no eat it". ha. For the record, Peyton only paints with non toxic paint.
I don't know why she insists on standing and sitting in Daragan's water bucket. The side is broken from where Digory chewed it up, and Peyton's legs always get scratched up, but she insists on getting in. Notice her old duck bath that is right next to it... I guess, it doesn't have the same appeal. Maybe she is a fan of orange?
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Pregnancy: 20 weeks!
Weight Gain: I don't know. I'm sure by my next appointment will be another 10 pounds.
Sleep: Still the same.
Name: Levi Thomas
Feeling: I'm feeling great.
Movement: The kicks are getting stronger. You still can't feel them from the outside though.
Belly: It's growing. ha. I think my Dr is going to start measuring it at my next appointment. I don't have a linea nigra yet. I don't remember when I got one with Peyton. My belly button is still normal.
Milestones: I'm at the half way point!!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Things I'd love to have.
1. An iPad
2. Patio furniture
3. Extend our fence
4. A Chariot bike trailer
5. This water table for Peyton
6. This dress for Peyton
7. This hat for Levi
8. A new lens
9. A vacation in Tahiti
10. A haircut. What do you think about this? Would it work for me? I have to cut off at least 10 inches, so I can donate it.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Peyton went to her first birthday party. She had a lot of fun, and participated in everything. She was the youngest kid there, but didn't seem to notice. She was a disaster by the end of the party: bubbles down her legs, paint on her shirt, food on her face...
Playing with bubbles with the birthday boy.
She loved the pinata! She cried when her turn was over.
Checking out her prizes from the pinata.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I really don't have anything to write about. I just thought I'd update with a couple of pictures of Peyton in her sandbox.
One of Daragan for old time sake. Long gone are the days of taking a million pictures of the dog. We still love her though.