Daragan's water bucket.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
1. Today is Cory's birthday. Happy birthday to him!
2. I have a nice new zit forming on my chin just in time for Easter. yay!
3. Peyton is getting pretty good at eating cereal with a spoon.
4. Whenever Peyton goes in to the playroom or her room and is very quiet I always fear for the worst. But I always find her chilling with a pile of books. Good for her!
5. Daragan loves Peyton's new sandbox. It's very irritating.
6. Last Saturday we played a mean game of Chinese tennis with an exercise ball. It was tons of fun! The tops of my ankles are still sore.
7. I have a lot of fun things coming up, going lots of places: Orange Beach, wedding in Clearwater, California, and Memphis.
8. I wasn't planning on getting a double stroller when the new baby comes, but now I'm thinking I'd like a double jogging stroller. Does anyone have any recommendations?
9. I love picking Peyton up from the nursery. She is so happy to see us. As soon as the worker picks her up from her room she is saying, 'bye, bye". Last week she blew the worker a kiss, and say, "bye. I wuv you".
10. Peyton's room is almost done. I don't know when I'll finish it so I thought I'd just post pictures now. AHHH!!! My computer froze. :( I wrote all the things i was still going to change in Peyton's room, where I bought the stuff, etc. I don't have the patience to rewrite it. boo. Oh well.
I'm hoping to find a big oval mirror at the thrift store.
I just threw this up here. It was a decoration from her 1st birthday party. Cute at a luau, not so much in a bedroom.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 4 pound gain
Maternity clothes: I'm wearing one pair of maternity pants. They're too big, but the elastic waist is fantastic. I can still fit into a pair of my "fat" pants. I'm still wearing regular shirts, but hopefully the weather will warm up soon so I can wear my maternity tops. They're all pretty much tank tops.
Sleep: I've been staying up until at least 10pm on most nights. If I'm not feeling well I'll go to bed earlier, and somedays I'll take a nap. I wake up a few times a night to go to the bathroom, and it takes me forever to fall back asleep. I'm pretty much in a constant state of feeling tired.
Best moment this week: Heard the baby's heartbeat this morning. My doctor found it right away. It was nice and strong at 143.
Gender: I find out in 3 weeks!
Movement: I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the baby move. There wasn't one definite time that I just knew it was the baby like I felt with Peyton.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender so we can name him/her.
Food cravings: No cravings.
What I miss: Living in California, but that has nothing to do with being pregnant. ha.
Words Of Wisdom: I don't have any words of wisdom. I did want to say that I can drink milk without throwing up again. yay!
Sorry this picture is so horrible. I keep forgetting to ask Cory to take one. I don't always look this big. I'm stuffed from lunch.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
1. Peyton and I both need haircuts. My hair looks like a horse's mane, and Peyton's is a scraggily mullet.
2. Peyton still prefers to run around the playground rather than playing on the actual equipment, but she did take a few minutes to slide. She went up the stairs and down the slide all by herself. She was so cautious and reserved as a baby, but she is a fearless toddler.
3. Did you notice her cute little Pumas? Hillary and Candace bought her those when she was born and they finally fit. She's been wearing them for about a month. Her feet grow crazy. She'll be in the one size for a long time, and then jump two sizes in a matter of weeks. I'm not sure if 6s are going to fit her much longer. Her toes aren't smashed or anything, but she doesn't really have any growing room. 7s seem too big though. :/ Do they make half sizes for toddlers?
4. We won't know if the baby is a boy or girl for a few more weeks, but I've been focusing on boy names. They seem harder for some reason. I guess because I like a lot, but nothing really jumps out that I love. We've come up with three that we like. Wanna vote?
5. Peyton calls all letters "t". I'm just impressed that she recognizes what a letter is.
6. It was 70 degrees on Saturday, and I had to restrain myself from opening Peyton's pool that I bought on clearance last year. It felt so good outside, and I was going to fill it with warm water from the sink, but I knew that it was supposed to rain and get cold again, so I left it in the box. Today's high is 69 and tomorrow is 74, and I'm really trying to keep myself from blowing it up. I know it's not really swimming weather, but I feel like I've been waiting for warm weather forever! Plus I want to show you pictures of Peyton prancing around in the cute bathing suits I bought her.
7. The other day during nap time:
8. I am having the hardest time coming up with ten things. Can you tell because I'm sort of just rambling on about nothing?
9. Ellen is hilarious and I think it would be so much fun to go to one of her shows.
10. I like Jay Leno. I know, I know...
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Yesterday my mom, Peyton and I went to Lowes to buy paint for the dresser and nightstand. The store was pretty much empty so I let Peyton get out of the cart. While I was in the check out line Peyton asked if she could walk, and I told her, "no, you need to stay by me". Do you think she did? She walked a few steps and turned around and looked at me and then came back. She asked if she could walk again, and I told her no. So what does she do? She takes off running! Since there wasn't anyone there and I could still see her I didn't go get her or ask her to come back. I waited to see what she would do. About 4 or 5 check out lines away from me she turns around with a big smile on her face and says, "it's funny?". I had to turn my head to keep from laughing for a second, and then told her it was not funny and she needed to come back. I never expected my 19 month old to play disobedient jokes on me. ha. I'm just glad that after she tried her "joke" she came back.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Redecorating Peyton's "big girl" room has been a very slow process. I took down her wall letters and circles and replaced it with the "Peyton" sign that Krista and I made for her 1st birthday. I'm not sure if I will leave it there or repaint the wooded letters. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep her pink sheers up either. Peyton loves her room. She loves climbing on her stool to get into bed, and she won't let anyone else sit on her ladybug bean bag.
I found this dresser and a matching nightstand at the thrift store for $70.00. Cory's going to sand it for me, and then I'm going to paint it and put new hardware on it. I'm still undecided about the color.
So there is our work in progress. I'm post pictures when it's done. It might take a couple of weeks to complete though. We've got a lot of projects going on here.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
How far along: 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: nothing as far as I know
Maternity clothes: I just started wearing maternity pants last week. I love them. :) I'm still good to go on my regular shirts.
Sleep: I usually fall asleep on the couch by 8:45pm. I get up at least 2 times to go to the bathroom, and it usually takes me awhile to fall back to sleep. I'm up by 7am when I hear Peyton say, "aarreee yooouu?".
Best moment this week: hmmm... I guess being able to enjoy fast food again. That might turn in to a bad thing.
Food cravings: nothing that I can think of.
Movement: I think I've been feeling little thuds for about a week, but I'm not certain, so I'm not counting it. I was 15 and half weeks when I first felt Peyton move.
What I am looking forward to: Knowing if this baby is a boy or girl!
What I miss: Sleeping through the night.
Words Of Wisdom: Don't eat what I eat or you'll gain 50 pounds.
Milestones: I entered my second trimester a few days ago. :)
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
1. Yesterday's weather was so nice! Peyton spent all afternoon playing in the backyard.
2. Our backyard looks like a giant sandbox. Hopefully grass will start growing soon!
3. This morning I couldn't find Peyton's paint brushes so I gave her q-tips to paint with. She had paint streaks all over her cheeks from trying to put the q-tips in her ears. :/
4. I think my morning sickness is officially gone! I have felt pretty good these last 2 weeks.
5. Last saturday we looked at some vizsla puppies. They were SO cute! It's a good thing our tax return hasn't come yet because I'm pretty sure one of those puppies would be in our house right now.
6. Daragan is so good with Peyton
7. I bought a huge bag of m&ms to give Peyton while she was potty training. Potty training lasted 3 days, and there are only a few handfuls left. Cory and Peyton aren't eating them...
8. There is a cat that keeps coming into our yard. I saw it trying to get into our shed yesterday. It better find itself somewhere else to go.
9. Peyton's new quilt.
10. We only bought the quilt, pink sheets and one throw pillow. I'm sure while my parents are here I'll get a couple more pillows and a bed skirt. I'll post pictures of her room when it's done.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
1. We took Peyton to chuck e cheese for the first time the other day. We all had a lot of fun.
2.We also bought Peyton a twin mattress. Macys' was having a closeout sale, so we got an awesome deal!
3. A twin mattress meant we needed to buy her new bedding. :) So we bought her a quilt from JC Penny's. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Cory is picking up the mattress tonight.
4. I've been loving avocados lately. They cost 98 cents a piece at walmart. I miss the days of picking them off the tree in the backyard.
5. I haven't thrown up in a week! Hopefully I'll be able to drink milk again soon.
6. My parents are coming in a week! yay!
7. The average high in March is 69. Today the high is 39. :( BOO!
8. Peyton loves Daragan now! She always wants to sit on her and give her hugs.
9. The baby's due date is Sept. 8th.
10. Peyton loves playing in the backyard. Right now we have about 5 leaf piles that she loves to poke with sticks. Her bows always fall out when she is running around, so I attempted to pull the front of her hair up in a ponytail...