I just can't even imagine.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
1. We bought some bows for Peyton a couple days ago. I think they look ridiculous and cute all at the same time. I'm sure I'll look back on these pictures and say, "what the heck was I thinking putting a bow on her fuzzy head". Ha. The first picture is blurry because she was about to fall over, I wish it was in focus because she's totally working the camera. : )
2. Peyton has gone from being lured to sleep by the vacuum to being terrified of it. Sad. The house only gets vacuumed if one of us is holding her now.
3. Today I met with a lady and her little girl to see about doing childcare for her. It looks good to go....well, once she get's a job. She is hoping to get one of the nursing jobs at the hospital near us. I'm excited about it. The little girl was born Aug.12th, and she seems like a pretty easy baby, plus it's only 3 days a week. Pray that the mom gets a job quickly, so I can have a job quickly!
4. I have puppy fever.
5. Peyton loves to refuse naps now, and it's so sad seeing her cry, but I let her. It's very obvious that she needs her sleep.
6. Wednesday night we're doing our taxes, and I'm very excited about it! Cory keeps reminding me to not get my hopes up, and to just be thankful if we only get 50 bucks back.
7. I really don't like Peyton's new car seat and she doesn't either. I found the car seat that I really wanted for only 50 dollars more than the one she has now, so we're going to see about returning it this weekend. This is the one I want to get
8. My mom's dog had 4 puppies, so if you're looking for a Yorkie give her a call!
9. I want to be a children's portrait photographer some day. And then when we go on the missions field Cory could write awesome articles and I could take great photos and we could publish a magazine. You know, every missionaries dream is to publish a magazine in a third world country. I just thought I'd let you all know.
10. Here's a big one! Peyton had solids for the first time! She loved trying her organic carrots, though you can't tell by the look on her face. She didn't eat much, but it was pretty fun.
Monday, January 26, 2009
We went to Madison yesterday to visit GG, Poppy, and Uncle Tyler and to meet the newest addition of the family. Porter is the cutest boxer puppy ever! She makes me want a puppy, I have to remind myself that puppies get big and turn into dogs, we don't need another dog.
Oh and let me tell you about our drive home! We all could have died or been seriously injured. Some crazy person was driving waaayyy too fast. All the sudden a car came inches from slamming into us, first from the back, and then from the driver side of the car. Cory said that he had just finished praying for a safe drive home...like a few seconds before that happened! Crazy! I'm so thankful that Cory prayed that prayer and God protected us. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
She's getting better at sitting up. She's a little hunchy in these pictures, but she can sit correctly for a little while. Oh, and check out all that hair!
It's very hard work.
Tomorrow the high is 67. I plan on taking some pictures outside, so be on the look out for that.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Hillary and I took Maddison shopping when she was about 4 years old, and I told her she could pick out a shirt. She ended up picking out an ugly pink shirt that had ruffles down the middle of it. There was no way I was going to spend the afternoon with her wearing that, so I showed her a cute red roxy shirt, and brainwashed her into thinking it was awesome. If I remember correctly, Hillary told Maddison that the pink shirt had "a little bit of ugly in it". We then decided when we had kids of their own we would allow them a day where they could wear whatever they wanted, and we'd call it " a little bit of ugly day".
Peyton isn't old enough to pick out her own clothes or dress herself yet, but i thought I would prepare myself for what's to come. The other day I put together the most missed matched outfit ever. It was her "a little bit of ugly day". It's amazing that cute clothes can become so uncute when paired together like this:
Her face is hysterical, and this might be one of my favorite pictures. I actually do love all the colors in it, but it's her pose that makes it awesome.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
1. I'm watching the inauguration live on CNN.com
2. Have I mentioned that we moved Peyton to her crib on Christmas night?
3. It is freezing! I am so ready for warmer weather. I'm done with jackets and blankets.
4. I've put an ad on craigslist to try and find a kid or two to watch. I wish I didn't have to, but such is life, and it is really needed. I'm sure it will be good times, I just won't be able to go to Cali and stay for weeks as often as I did last year. Boo.
5. Peyton finally learned how to blow raspberries last week. She had been working on it for so long, and loves that she figured it out. It's cute now, but hopefully she won't be doing it until she's 10.
6. This is the first season that I've ever watched The Bachelor, and I'm loving it. Don't judge me. : )
7. I entered a million dollar sweepstake, and I'm hoping to win so that Peyton and I can continue our trips across country or maybe just move there. Isn't the girl suppose to live by her family. : )
8. Peyton loves to watch me and Cory brush our teeth.
9. I'm a fan of ground turkey in my spaghetti.
10. It never fails that when I watch the Biggest Loser I'm eating something incredibly unhealthy. Tonight I plan on eating chocolate chip cookies.
Monday, January 19, 2009
So, I'm a day early.
We had a great weekend. GG and Poppy came down to visit on friday night, and we went to the mall on Saturday. I really wanted to take pictures at the botanical gardens, but it was freezing. Boo! I am so ready for warm weather. Peyton and I will be having tons of photo shoots outside, and spending lots of time at the zoo. Anyway, back to this weekend... I actually left the mall with 3 bags, and they were all clothes for me, besides Cory's one shirt. Thank you Nana and GG. Cory was my stylist, and I left with 3 pairs of skinny jeans, a jacket, a tank top, a short sleeved cardigan?, a plaid shirt?, and a grey v-neck sweatshirt materialed( i know that's not a word) cardigan?...those question marks are there because I'm not sure if that's how I should describe them. We also went to the Disney store, and nothing struck Peyton's fancy, but I did manage to get a couple cute pictures.
Sunday we went to church, Peyton took too short of a nap, and then Aimee and James came over and since the weather was nice we went to the park.
That's all. Come back tomorrow for 10 on Tuesday.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Peyton in her infant car seat, mostly likely for the last time. My plan is to install her convertible car seat this weekend.
She still has room in it, but she hates it. I was doing all her favorite things to try and get her to smile.
She threw me a bone, and gave me a smirk.
Isn't her jacket so cute! Her GG and Poppy got it for her for Christmas.
My new favorite picture of her. I get a new favorite pretty much every day. Ha. I love her expression, so full of love and wonder, eh.
Don't you wish this was in style for adults! How comfy cozy does she look!
Thank you favorite Auntie, for making me comfy this winter.
She has been working really hard at trying to blow raspberries and clicking with her tongue. She'll get it one of these days. She did learn how to scream/yell when she doesn't like something. That's been fun while out in public. It's always protesting the car seat, so maybe that will go away when we switch her over.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
1. I forgot to post about Peyton going on the swings, she loves it. I cannot wait for spring when we can spend more time enjoying the swings at the park, and maybe the slides too!
2. We bought Peyton a "big girl" car seat last weekend. Well, actually she bought it for herself with half of her Christmas money. I love the way her little feet stick straight out. We haven't installed it in the car yet, so I don't know if we'll have less crying on our little trips, but she was perfectly content sitting in it while in the "den". Don't worry she'll still be rear facing...for as long as I possibly can, for that matter!
3. We also went to Gymboree last weekend. Peyton had a $50 gift card from my mom, and I'm so excited about putting her in her new clothes once it gets a little warmer. Can you believe I got the dress for $7, talk about a steal! She won't be wearing the dress for a while though, it's 12-18 months.
4. So, I know I said I would never co-sleep, but I'm not going to lie, I love it! After Peyton wakes up for the morning I bring her in bed with me, and feed her and we talk and play for a little bit, and then she goes back to sleep for another 2-3 hours, and by she I mean WE! It's great.
5. It really needs to stop raining! Our backyard can't handle it. Our house stinks of nasty, wet dog, and I'm really sick of cleaning off paws, and then STILL having to clean up muddy paws in the house! Ugh! The dogs seem to be enjoying their little lake though.
7. The simplest things make me happy. I love how Peyton pulls on her pants and brings her knees to her chest. She also likes to pull up her shirt. I think it's adorable, but I pretty much think everything she does is amazing. : )
8. Call me crazy, but this picture reminds me so much of Jason.9. Yesterday I had to change the worst poopy diaper yet! It was all over her back, and I had a terrible time taking off her onesie.
10. Most of you already know, but for those that don't, we recently did some rearranging in our house. The office became our room, and our room became the den. We are loving it! Our house feels a lot bigger, and we actually prefer the smaller bedroom. I'll post pictures when the rooms are completed, but don't hold your breath because it may take a while. Crossing my fingers for a good tax return. : )
Monday, January 5, 2009
Peyton is 5 months old today! I took her picture with the "P", and she was more interested in trying to shove it in her mouth than take pictures. I know the coloring is really bad again, but I'm going to be printing it in black and white anyway. I know it seems like we just did this, but I need your help again. Which picture do you like the best?
This one isn't in the running, I just thought I'd show you how you was trying to use her feet to lift it to her mouth.
And a random picture from this morning of her playing with her frog.