Tuesday, August 21, 2012
1. Its overcast today, which never happens during the summer in Idaho. We actually are pretty excited about our 20% chance of rain. So, Peyton decided we should turn the lights on in the house, and pretend it was Christmas. She came in declaring,"I'm the wondadoni Santa Claus!"
2. This is what happens when you try to take something from Noah...
3. Markers in our house...
One minute later for Noah...
One hour later for Peyton...
4. I know Cory is ready for cooler weather, but I sure am going to miss the warm bike/scooter riding, popsicle evenings!
5. Peyton got a huge box full of hand me downs from my cousin's daughter. She scored some really nice princess dresses. Her favorite one is the Tianna dress. She does look pretty fabulous in it.
6. There is only one car that I have heard Noah say that he doesn't like. I don't get it at all. He's usually not picky with his vehicles, but for some reason he is not a fan of a red wood race car that he has. ha.
7. Well, folks, that's all I've got. I guess thats why I don't blog very much anymore.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
1. Today Peyton had her well check. She is perfectly healthy! Yay! She also impressed the doctor with her drawing skills, and writing her name. Poor kid got two shots. She had no idea they were coming, but she only cried for like 20 seconds, and then was off with the nurses to pick a prize from the treasure chest.
2. Cory gave Noah a haircut a few days ago. Cutting Noah's hair is no easy task. ha.
3. I think Annie is going to miss the summertime!
4. Did I mention that Peyton is going to go to Preschool this year? I'm totally stoked about it. It's 3 hours on Tuesdays and Thursday, and only $40 a month. Its at our church, and while the kids are in "school" the moms work in the church, and younger siblings get free childcare! Its such a win/win for our family. Peyton is so excited! I'm pretty excited about meeting ladies with kids the same ages as my own, and I'm happy to be working in a church again, and building relationships with the staff members. So hooray for that!
5. Peyton will aslo be taking dance again. She's been practicing her skipping this summer. She's pretty excited about showing Ms. Kimber her news skills and letting her know that she turned FOUR! ha.
6. Peyton is also playing soccer this fall! She is the cutest little soccer player I have ever seen. Her little shin guards are adorable. We are anxiously awaiting the email to let us know what team she is on. I signed up to be a team mom. I have no idea what that means, but I wanted to do something, and I was too scared to coach. Maybe I'll coach next year.
7. Noah is trucking right a long with his language development. He is starting to talk in 2 and 3 word sentences. He loves to tell me "no wike it" while I'm making dinner. Thanks, bud. Its still kind of hard to understand him, but he is getting there.
8. It was near impossible to keep Noah out of our fire pit. He loves driving his cars and trucks in dirt. So instead of having him continue to play in the nasty ash, I filled his water table with sand. So now we have sand all over our patio. Annie likes to jump, dig, and lay in it, and Noah comes inside covered in sand. But, at least I'm not scrubbing ash off his body and out of his clothes.
9. Noah still has his glasses, but I feel so bad for him when he wears them outside because he gets so hot and sweaty. His glasses are always fogged up, and sprinkled with sweat drops.
10. Annie is getting spayed next Tuesday. Ha. I just thought I'd throw that out there because I'm having a hard time thinking of things to write about.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
How is it possible that this little baby is already 4 years old???
I can hardly believe it. I'm pretty sure I will be saying that for the rest of her life. She loves being 4, and already says things like, "when I was a little kid, and was I was 3..." :)
Every year with fill her room with balloons. This year I also hung streamers in our hallway, but I didn't take any pictures. When she woke up we let her open her presents. Then we hung out, played with her new stuff, painted, decorated her cupcakes and then got ready to meet Uncle Greg, Auntie Laiena, Ty and Hunter for lunch. After lunch we went to my parents' house had cupcakes, and spent the afternoon swimming. Peyton loves going to the mall to play on the little playground. When I asked her what she would like to do for her birthday that's what she chose, so that's what we did. Before bed I asked her if she had a good birthday, and she said yes, but she was sad that it was over. I'd call that a success!
She was so excited about her pack of animal balloons! She has been wanting an animal balloon forever!
Coloring at lunch.
Definitely not shy about having all eyes and attention on her! ha. Look at the smile!
Noah was glad the song was over! "all done!"
He just really wanted his cupcake!
Peyton loves Uncle Greg. She says he is silly and handsome.
Tired after swimming, but still ready to go to the mall! Noah didn't want to be in the picture, but you can see his little head in the background.
Miss Peyton Olivia Brenlie,
You are so much fun! You make me laugh all day long. Of course you have your ornery moments, dramatic moments, and downright disobedient moments, but even then you make me laugh(never letting you know!) because the things that come out of your mouth are hilarious! You are super intelligent, and just soak up new information. You are kind, and have such a sweet disposition. Your favorite color is usually pink, but sometimes purple. You love sparkly things, and recently found a new love for fancy dresses. You can usually be found wearing a crown, headband, or antennas on your head. You wear you butterfly wings often. You love to color, draw, and paint. Your favorite shows are Team Umizoomi, Little Einsteins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Your cousin Ty is your best buddy. I hope you two are always close.
This year you get to go to preschool, and you are so excited! You also chose to play soccer this fall. I'm very excited! You look so cute in your little shinguards, and cleats! You will be doing dance again. You've told me almost every day that you miss dance. This summer you learned how to swim underwater. I am so proud of you because before your lessons you would not even stick your face in the water! Way to go, Peyton! You also overcame your fear of big slides this year, and are more open to trying new foods... or easier convinced with a bribe.
I love that the morning you turned 4 you let me know that you told God you were 4 now. It makes me happy that you think to talk to him about important things to you even when you're not prompted. You love going to church, and singing songs about Jesus. You have a lot of questions about him, and most of them I can't answer. I hope you are able to find your answers, and always trust in Jesus.
I could not be more proud of the little girl you are becoming! You love life, and it loves you!
4 year stats: 8-14-12
weight: 34.2 lbs 50%
Height: 39 3/4 50%