Tuesday, June 8, 2010

10 on tuesday

1. Peyton can spell her name. She doesn't know her letters yet, so I know this is only memorization, but I still think she is a genius.







2. Peyton got a big yellow duck from my friend Erin, and Daragan loves it. Whenever Peyton sees Daragan with it she says, "no, Daragan. That Peyton's. Leave it alone."


3. Peyton is loving her Princess Jasmine dress up shoes these days. I wonder if she'll start getting into dress up. She'll be the girl in a princess dress playing with cars, airplanes and helicopters.


4. I love that Peyton calls puddles "muddles".


5. Every year the city puts on "city fest" with concerts, a big kid area with inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses, pony rides, crafts, and of course there is a ton of food and other vendors selling various items. Anyway, it's within walking distance from our house. I was finally feeling a little better on Saturday night (got a stomach bug of friday), so we decided to see if there was anything fun Peyton could do. She saw the ponies, and asked to ride them, so we walked back to our house to get a few dollars. When we got back in line the lady announced that they were putting the ponies away because it was about to storm. As soon as we turned around to start walking home it started pouring. Peyton loved it. Since she was such a good sport about missing out on the pony rides we decided to take her to the mall to ride the carousel on Sunday. She loves, loves, loves riding the carousel, and always cries when she has to get off. The guy that was running it walked by Cory and whispered to him that they could go one more time for free. I guess Peyton is a cute, pitiful crier... to some.


6. Wow, I hope number 5 made some sort of sense. I am a horrible story teller.


7. There are toys all over the playroom. Peyton told me she was going to make a mess, and dumped a couple of cubes of toys out. Fine by me, she's pretty good about picking them up if we sing the clean up song together.





8. Peyton loves Lightening Mcqueen







9. More pictures







10. Finally number 10! I was struggling to find things to write about. Peyton hates flies. I told her to tell them, "shoo fly, don't bother me", so she goes around saying, "shoo fly, don't bother me. Shoo fly, don't bother carpet. Shoo fly, don't bother mommy. Shoo fly, don't bother toys"... whatever it lands on.

3 comments:

kristawilbur said...

I love listening to her sing the alphabet. By the way, she IS a genius!!! Lots of toddlers her age can't spell their names, so it's good that she can and she's not even two! It will totally help her when she starts to learn her letters, having something real to put those letters to.

I love #5. She's so cute, so how could you say no?!

I love the expressions she makes, and I think it's awesome that you capture them.

Erin said...

I'm so dumb. i started reading #2 wrong & guess i thought it just said something about a real duck & then saw about your friend Erin & was like "oh she has another friend named erin!" and then realized that you were talking about me & not a real duck! haha! i'm retarded! But that's funny that she tells him that! I love the video & the pics!!! You have one of the coolest kids ever!!! She is super smart!

Steph said...

Aw that's so cute that she spells her name. She's a little ham, that one. I love her.