Friday, July 30, 2010

34 weeks 2 days


Pregnancy: 34 Weeks 2 days

Weight Gain: 32 lbs

Sleep: Minus the 4 bathroom breaks, and having braxton hicks I'm sleeping pretty good. It only takes 5 pillows to keep me comfortable. 

Gender: Boy

Name: For the last couple of weeks it's been Noah Thomas. I'm feeling this one. I think we're going to stick with it. :)

Feeling: Hot, large, and uncomfortable.

Health: We are both doing great. 

Belly: Big! I'm having braxton hicks all the time. They don't hurt, but they are uncomfortable. I found 3 stretch marks the other day. :( so, so sad.

What I am looking forward to: Taking pictures of Noah in his super cute hat I bought.

What I miss: Being able to walk without waddling. 

Milestones: Scheduled my c-section!

Movement: painful at times. It looks like he is trying to bust out.

Cravings: Ice cream. I went to the store a couple of weeks ago, and bought 3 different kinds because I needed them all. :) 

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

And a picture of Peyton, Hillary and I at the Botanical Gardens last Sunday. Bleh. Pregnancy doesn't suit me. 


2 comments:

Krista said...

Scheduled your c-section? Was Peyton a c-section? I don't remember this. So when's the big guy's birthday gonna be?

Steph said...

I love the name! And you look so cute, Kim! That's a great picture of all of you. This reminds me of when Kayley told Hillary she had two mommies. Ha! Anyway, I agree with Krista, what's the date?