Monday, May 11, 2009

I finally have a not me monday


I have been following Mckmama's blog for a while. She does a blog carnival called Not me! Mondays, it's a chance for mom's to confess things they "did not" do. This is my first time joining in on the fun.

Peyton and I went to the zoo last week to celebrate her 9 month birthday. When we got to the zoo Peyton had a poopy diaper. I decided to just change her in the back of the Jeep so I didn't have to stand in line and wait for the stall with the changing table. I most certainly did not have to pour some of Peyton's water from her sippy cup on to a burp cloth and use that to clean her bottom. I would never forget to pack wipes. I am always prepared, and have my ducks in a row.

The other day Cory, Peyton and I went to Target to spend my gift card money that I received for mother's day from Cory's parents. I did not realize that I had my pants on inside out as we were walking through the doors. Who puts their pants on inside out? I for one have not, would not, could not. I also have not had to ban myself from Target. I have complete self control when going to Target, and never leave the store with a new outfit or toy for Peyton. 

On Saturday Tony  took family pictures of us at the Botanical Gardens. When he jokingly said to stick Peyton in a log I did not swoop my daughter up and stick her legs through a log hole. Old logs are dirty, and who knows why kind of creepy crawlers are hiding in there. I would never subject my baby to the unknown of a hollow log. You will not find incredible cuteness below.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

Ohhh Target...it is dangerous but sooooooo fabulous haha! And wearing your pants inside out? Had me laughing!

The picture is beautiful as well!

Happy NMM! :)

Jami Ainsworth said...

I found your blog through NOT MEs and I should be in the shower at this moment rather than reading people's blogs that I do not know, NO NOT ME! But I want to chime in to say how much I liked the photo of your baby in the log. Just Precious! I am a portrait photographer and I can recognize a beautiful photo of a baby a mile off!

Jami Ainsworth said...

I fogot to mention that I love that hat too!

Erica said...

OHMYGOSH KIM i was cracking up at your pants story!!! thats hilarious!!!! and i am the SAME EXACT way with target. oh my!

Steph said...

I'm so proud of you for not meing! Do you even know those people who commented? How special. I love the one of Peyton in the log and I too cannot leave Target without something for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Haha! That was great Kim, and that picture is priceless. I would "never" put my daughter in a log for a cute picture ;)

Elyse said...

I have a LOVE for Target too. I have never (wink) worn my pants inside out either! Peyton is just BEAUTIFUL too! Great NMM!
~Elyse

All Things Family said...

Love Target and have the same problem of not getting out of there without things that aren't necessary and sometimes it's so worth it to subject the babies to some risky business to get the great pics! She sure is cute!

Steph said...

So is your blog moving or not?