1. I started the 30 day shred again. I'm really good at starting. I have yet to finish the entire 30 days. I think I made it to 20 something once. This time Cory is doing it with me. We alternate between shredding and running.
This little lady likes to do it too:
2. We like to balance our exercising out with a tasty donuts. At least we walked to get them instead of driving. :)
Kind of gross pictures, but what can ya do...
3. The other day we found a grasshopper.
It was all fun and games...
until bananny ate it. We had two screaming kids, and a very happy dog.
4. Noah is loving tee ball these days. Don't try to help him hold the bat correctly though.
He has his own style.
5. I wasn't even going to think about trying to potty train Noah until after Christmas, but... The other day he told me he had to poop, so I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He said yes, so into the bathroom we went. He got on the potty and asked me to close the door. I came back a couple of minutes later, and was totally shocked to see that he actually went! I'm still a little scared to start full on potty training. That was all kinds of NOT FUN with Peyton. Worrying about accidents is way worse than having a 2 year old in diapers.
But, I did buy him a pack of boxer briefs, and he looks so cute!
He seems pretty interested, and I don't want to miss his window because he is so stubborn, so we'll see what happens. I'm definitely not going to stress over it though. I have enough to be stressed about.
6. There is a store near us called Fred Meyer. It's a store kind of like Target or Wal Mart. Ours happens to have a Starbucks in it, and free child care. Whoop, whoop! So, Cory and I took advantage of it and went on a date to Starbucks, and then did some grocery shopping in peace.
7. It rained the other day, and it was wonderful! We need rain so bad.
8. It's starting to get dark here by 8pm. When we left church on Friday night Peyton kept saying it was like being in California. ha. I guess she forgot what dark skies we like.
9. Today was "mom's day out" for the Little Steps program that Peyton is in. Once a month we have free child care from 12-4pm... a little thank you for volunteering at the church while the kids are in school. Cory happened to be off today, so we took advantage of that and went on a lunch date. Can you believe it, we got to go out twice in one week! We are always with the kids, so it was nice.
10. We went to AppleBee's for lunch, and had a server that was way too comfortable with us. She sat down next to me twice in the 40 minutes we were there. Once to vent and cuss about the two teenagers behind us that wrote her a rude note and didn't leave her a tip. And once to tell us how she loves when people bring in their kids, and how she just wants to squeeze and hold them, but is so thankful to work and get away from her bratty kids. What in the world? I'm just going to chalk it up to a really bad and stressful day.